Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Multiples of Three

6: the number of weeks I have left in Chicago. I'm moving!!! To Santa Fe!! Really, really soon!

9: the number of years I've lived here in Chicago. It's been fun, this is a great city. I could just do without February.

24: the number of years ago I first came to visit Chicago. I mean really see the place. Mama Bird had come up to work on a show room for a convention, and suggested that I might want to see the city. I was 13 years old. It was amazing and scary and so much fun! I don't think I'll ever forget it.

So I have a few more weeks to soak in as much of Chicago as possible, go to all the restaurants I keep saying I want to try, but never have somehow. Go to the Farmer's Markets. Walk along the beach and marvel at the enormous body of fresh water that is Lake Michigan. Go to the concerts in Millennium Park and eat pesto while dodging poorly aimed soccer balls (if that happens again, I'm gonna stick the corkscrew in the damned ball). Soon I will be posting about how hot and dry it is, and how much fun it is to set up my new place. And that there are snakes out there! BIG ones.


--Little Bird is getting a new nest

1 comment:

Lotharyx said...

Wow, from Illinois to New Mexico! That's a pretty big change...