Wednesday, August 15, 2007

May I rant, just a little?

I must admit, I am something of a girly-girl. I went and got a manicure yesterday. With acrylics applied. And now they're a little too long. I'm not entirely used to them yet. I had them painted bright pink, to match the hot pink of my glasses. Like I said, a girly-girl.
Taking a cue from MetroDad, I have a mini-rant. To the dog owners/walkers in the Gold Coast area of Chicago, PICK UP AFTER YOUR DAMN DOGS!!!! I am tired of nearly stepping in doggie-doo every five feet, doing a sort of hop-scotch down the sidewalk. I have to look down when I walk, making me either bump into people or look as if I'm depressed.
To the City planners, get it togther already! Fix the roads, yes. But can you at least TRY to do it in a timely manner?? Do you know or care that it takes me an hour to get to work by bus? I don't work all that far away, only about 3 miles. You (the city planners) have decided that this summer was the perfect time to do repairs on one of our many bridges spanning the river. Yes, bridge repairs are good. Does it really take 2 months to fix this dinky little bridge? It's not like you're doing anything to the "legs", you're putting new grate-type surfacing on it. We had several events downtown while you diddled around, forcing us to take detours (that put us in some not-so-nice-neighborhoods) and sit in traffic for three times the amount of time it should take to get anywhere.
Ok, now that that is out of my system. Things at the bar are still going well, business continues to pick up. It'll be fun seeing what I can and can't do with these damn nails. Typing this has been full of deletes.

--Little Bird has claws

No comments: