Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Hazards of the CTA

It's pretty well known that I ride the bus. It happens to be very convenient for me. But I think I have wittnessed the lowest of the low of bus-riding experiences go. Last week, on a Saturday, there was a pile of human excrement IN the bus. As it turned out there was a small smear on one of the seats (window seat) and an alarmingly large.... uhhhh...... pile on the floor. We only found out about this when a woman sat in the non-smeared seat and, well, she was wearing flip-flops. And yes, she stepped in it. Thankfully she had hand sanitzer and some others nearby had napkins, but still, EEEEEWWWWWWWW. Every one on my bus was removed to the next one behind us so that the bus could be sanitzed. I hope that's why they removed us. It's kinda funny because I just read another blog where the most recent post discusses the truth of just how close ones foot is to that kind of filth when one chooses to wear flip-flops. That would be Mimi Smartypants, and I STILL haven't figured out how to post a link, so my appologies.
Today is like a Monday for me (begining of my work week) and yes. I have to take the bus this afternoon. I'm bringing hand sanitizer, moist towlletes, and napkins. AND a change of clothes.

--Little Bird has been scarred for life

No comments: