Monday, September 29, 2008

Mornings at My House

So, I have been doing some baking. Specifically pies. Last week I made an apple pie. I had never made this before, so I was apprehensive. It turned out great! My folks loved it. Yesterday I mad a chicken pot pie. Let me tell you, this was not a quick and easy ordeal. First there was the roasting of an entire chicken. The bird was stuffed with an onion and an apple and celery. And sprinkled with rosemary and sage after being rubbed with butter. More veggies were cut up, gravy was made, and all of this went into a pie crust and back into the oven. All in all it was pretty good. I think next time I will use more meat and less carrots and peas. I really don't like carrots or peas.
We didn't use all the chicken so tonight I am making some kind of casserole. I am trying to figure out how to make this without using cream or cheese. My stepfather can't have those things. I, on the other hand LOVE those things!

In other news, I'm pretty happy. Things are going well. I have flyers for the cat sitting venture. Hopefully I'll have some clients soon. I still spend way too much time on failblog, but it's an addiction.
My mother left this morning for a business trip. Calling me at 7:30 to ask me to come over to please, please braid her hair for her. She does that. The upside of that is that I get up earlier than I would otherwise. This morning was spent walking to the park and drinking coffee, sitting and reading. It was nice. Relaxing.
It's only 10:30 and I'm a little bored. I'm sure there are things that I could (and should) be doing. I am lazy bored. I don't feel like doing anything. Meh.


--Little Bird is awake, grudgingly.

1 comment:

aardvark said...

Try cream of mushroom soup as a casserole base. My mom makes one with spinach and cream o' mushroom and those crispy fried onions, and it is kowabunga! I also use it in my chicken pot pies (I happen to like carrots and peas but I also add lots of mushrooms and some turnips.