Friday, January 2, 2009

Birthday

Ok. It's not all that late in the evening, but I am a wee bit drunk. I blame Maggie. And the Jamesons she suggested we drink. I am 34 today. I wish I could say that I have some great wisdom to impart. But, alas, I do not. I feel no older or wiser than any other day. I have no breaking news for you. No startling insights. I am merely older. I would love to tell you that I have discovered the meaning of life. I cannot. Except to say that without friends to share those meaningful moments with, life is not worth living. I was born on a day that is not conducive to getting one's friends together on. And yet I had one friend who made it happen. She went out when she probably shouldn't have, and spent time with me. To make sure I had a good time. On my birthday. I can't tell you what that means to me. (She also did a wonderful number on my hair {it looks great}).
This has been a great birthday. And for that I must thank Maggie. Hopefully I will get a chance to show my thanks soon. I'm sure an opportunity will show itself soon.
I have no recipe for you tonight, but I will soon.

--Little Bird is (again) one year older

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well,,,I guess it's grilled cheese and Campbells chicken noodle soup for dinner since there are no recipes.

Glad you had a friend to take you out for your birthday

Anonymous said...

I know that I am a day late, but happy birthday little bird and all of my best wishes.