Monday, January 5, 2009

On the Road ... Again!

Busy times here! I'm off to St. Louis tomorrow, for a quick visit and a birthday party (not mine). My folks just go in last night and I've barely had time to talk to them. My mother arranged my train tickets while I waited in the DMV waiting area for the renewal of my ID. What better way to spend your Monday morning than in the DMV? It never ceases to amaze me how rude people are. And I'm not talking about the folks that work there! The good people who work there were perfectly pleasant. It was a few of the "customers". Pushing, shoving, the regular stuff. What I really would like to know is why ID photos are always so awful. This new one is not so bad, as far as ID pics go, but still...
I still have laundry to do (it's in the machine), and then packing. Oh, and some vacuuming before I go anywhere. I managed to get a gift for the birthday girl (thanks to mama bird), and aside from wanting to grab a few munchies and sodas for the train, I'm good!
Here's one of my favorite recipes, adapted from a restaurant in St. Louis

Linguini with Shrimp and goat cheese

Green and white linguini
1 lb cooked Shrimp, deviened with shells and tails removed
feta
2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
10-15 sundried tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

This is an easy one. Saute tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes and walnuts.
When pasta is done, toss with the sundried tomatoes mixture, and shrimp; sprinkle with feta and serve.

--Little Bird is on the move

P.S. Christopher, too many is (in this case) when your liver starts looking for a new home!

No comments: