Saturday, March 15, 2008

Memories

I woke up today remembering a morning in the last town I lived in. It was early summer. And early morning. There was that haze in the morning that promises the day will by noon be a green leafy sauna. I was on a health kick and had decided to walk around the park. I did this 3 or 4 times a week for about a month. It wasn't summer in its full glory, the leaves were still light and bright, not the deep lush green of true summer. I had already walked past the mounted police stables, but hadn't yet reached the zoo. It was hot, but not that shirt stuck to your back, clammy hot.
It's that memory I think of when I think of summer. Of what the perfect day feels like. I'm waiting anxiously for weather like that again. For the opertunity to go for a walk in the park. To walk by the lake, to sit under the trees. To not need to wear three layers of fleece plus a down coat. To walk to the florist and get fresh flowers that won't freeze before I get them home. I want to have house guests over and be able to take them to all the great outdoor sights this place has to offer. To not have this awful, weird winter cold and flu crap. I think I'm ready for spring. I just hope I have that afternoon free to go to the park.


---Little Bird is ready for spring fever

No comments: