Monday, November 3, 2008

One More Day

CURRENT EVENTS

History will be made tomorrow. No matter what the outcome is, history will have been made. I can't wait for it all to be over. The stress is really getting to be a bit much. I'm on pins and needles, and have been for sometime now. I want to know NOW!! My mother is addicted to reading her political blogs, to the point where she just can't tear herself away from them if she's at home. This topic of politics has dominated conversations for MONTHS. And after tomorrow, we'll hash, and re-hash what the winner did right, and what the loser did wrong. Ad nauseam.

HALLOWEEN

So, I was a barfly. It's an older costume of mine that I still had the parts to. Wings and antennae made of itty bitty Jack Daniels bottles. Other than that I wore all black. Thank what ever higher power responsible for it, but the weather was perfect!! I didn't have to wear a coat, and was actually almost too warm in my turtle-neck sweater. The parties were a blast, I saw so many great costumes I don't remember them all. Once I figure out how to post those damned pictures, I'll be able to show what mine looked like.

FOOD
Ok, last night (afternoon) I made a lavender scented roast chicken. OH. MY. GOD. This is my new favorite way to prepare chicken! It was amazing. Basically you take Herbes de Provence, and a tiny bit of lavender, some grey sea salt and one minced clove of garlic and pat that on the bird. Quarter one red onion and shove it into the bird. Roast at 375f for an hour and a half. I put potatoes and carrots and pearl onions around it. I think I died and went to heaven. I am going to alter this slightly and roast a turkey this way for Thanksgiving. Yummmm.

--Little Bird is stuffed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there Avis,
For over a week, I've been meaning to tell you that I tried the lavender chicken. It was fantastic. I could have started a restaurant based on the sandwich that I made the next day.

It is not de ja vu. I posted a comment like this on failblog today. I wished for you to get it.