Monday, February 18, 2008

I Heart The Internets

The Sucky News

Al Gore "claimed" to have invented it. We use it everyday. I have started to take it for granted. Until today. I have strep. I can barely whisper. So this is how I get to talk today.
It feels like I attempted and failed to swallow a golf ball. Luckily I already had an appointment today to see my doctor. I had a whole conversation with her via paper. I had an explanation for her already written up. I had tried to anticipate what she might ask. According to her I did ok. She wrote me a scrip, and off I went. There is one slight problem. I am out of cash. And my folks, they are out of town. And the chain pharmacy* I go to won't take over the phone payment. So I am taking lots of anti-inflamatories, in the vain hopes that it at least helps the pain.
* No, the pharmacy I go to is in no way associated with the town of Perfect.
I would cry, but then that would make it all hurt even more.

The Lighter News

There was a Roller Derby match last night! And my favorite team did themselves proud. By that I mean they wiped the floor with their opponents!! Something like 63 to 12. GO FURY!!! I had a blast and came home with a hoodie. And strep apparently. If you live in a town that has a Womens Flat Track Roller Derby look it up and get thee to a match. It's a lot of fun, and the potential for blood and bodily damage is high. If you don't live in a town with a league, try to see if any trip you might already be planning coincides with a game.
Get the idea that I like it? I however, will never be a Derby Girl. You have to have health insurance to even try out. That alone excludes me. Couple that with the fact that I am clumsy to epic proportions and you have an avid fan, cheering her favorite team on to victory.

--Little Bird is whimpering in pain

No comments: